Effective 1st April 2012, HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad (“HSBC Bank”) & HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad (“HSBC Amanah”) have introduced SecurePay One Time Password, an online authentication to all HSBC Bank & HSBC Amanah’s credit card/-i cardholders. This authentication provides enhanced security when you are making online purchase(s) at participating 3D secure1 merchants’ website.
With the introduction of SecurePay One Time Password, you no longer have to memorise a static online PIN or answer the online security questions when performing online purchase(s). Instead the SecurePay One Time Password will be conveniently sent to your mobile phone number as maintained with HSBC/HSBC Amanah to enable you to complete the online purchase at participating 3D secure1 merchants' website.
What is SecurePay One Time Password?
- It is an authentication for online purchases to ensure the transaction is performed and authorised by you
- A six digit password will be sent to you mobile phone number as maintained with HSBC/ HSBC Amanah every time you make an online purchase at any participating 3D secure1 merchant's website
How does this SecurePay One Time Password work?
- Whenever you make an online purchase at any participating 3D secure1 merchant website, you are required to enter a SecurePay One Time Password to authenticate that online purchase
- The SecurePay One Time Password will be sent to you via SMS for each online purchase
- You have to enter the SecurePay One Time Password within 3 minutes upon its receipt to authenticate the online purchase
Hence, it is important for you, as a primary and/or supplementary cardholder to update your mobile phone number maintained with HSBC/HSBC Amanah to ensure receipt of the SMS for SecurePay One Time Password.
For any enquiry on the above or to update your mobile phone number, please contact the following Call Centre or visit any of our HSBC/HSBC Amanah branches:
Alternatively you can update your mobile number via online banking with a security device. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the information to be updated in the system.
1Note: 3D secure is by Visa & MasterCard to prevent unauthorized usage of your card when you are making online purchase(s) at its participating merchants’ website, giving you confidence to make secure online purchase(s).