Important Risk Warning
- Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The value of investments, unit prices and income distribution may go down or up, and the investor may not get back the original sum invested. Past performance of a fund should not be taken as indicative of its future performance. In a worst case scenario, the value of fund may worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested (and in an extreme case could be worth nothing).
- The investment returns, repayment of capital and distribution payouts are not guaranteed. Investors and potential investors must not solely rely on the content in this website to make investment decisions. Investors are advised to read carefully and understand the contents of prospectus and consider the general risk factors associated with investing in unit trusts in addition to other specific risks uniquely associated with the fund. All the relevant risk factors are set out in the relevant prospectus for the fund.
- You are advised to carefully consider your own circumstances, including not only the product risk level of your selected investment, but also your financial situation, investment knowledge and/or experience, investment objective and preferred investment period. Switching of fixed deposits into any Unit Trusts beyond your risk appetite is highly discouraged.
- When you subscribe into any Unit Trusts with us, the investment amount will be deducted directly from your settlement account(s) with us. Investors and potential investors are reminded not to provide cash for investment purposes to any HSBC employees. Pre-signed forms are also strictly prohibited.
- Before you make any investment decision, you may wish to engage or speak to your relationship manager to understand more about any investment product including the applicable charges, investment objective and return expectation. For first time investors, you should also be made aware of your cooling-off rights for eligible funds.
- Unit Trusts are NOT protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia ("PIDM").
What are unit trusts?
Unit trusts pool the resources of investors into one large fund, which is then divided into shares, or 'units'. Unit trusts are managed by professional fund managers and have varying levels of risk and return.
Whether you are making your first investment, or adding an investment to your portfolio, at HSBC you can choose from a range of funds to match your attitude to risk and investment goals.
Why invest in Unit Trusts?
Your investment is spread across a diverse portfolio.
Fund managers whose expertise is working for you.
Access to worldwide markets
Your money can be invested in financial markets globally.
Invest at your own pace
Begin with a lump sum investment or progressively build your portfolio with monthly contribution.
Why is diversification important
Minimises the risk of loss
To your overall investment portfolio by reducing potential volatility.
More opportunities for return
Spreads your investments to different asset classes.
Protects against adverse market cycles
Protection from unexpected market crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic.
Check unit trust prices and top funds performance
Upon logging on to your HSBC Malaysia Online Banking, click on 'unit trust browser' under 'quick links' to access our full range of unit trust funds.
Existing HSBC customers can access our retail unit trust funds via EZInvest on our mobile banking app. Download it today.
Ways to invest in Unit Trusts
Unit trusts browser is a new platform within HSBC that enables investors to transact online. Find our full range of unit trusts by using keywords or filters and compare them in terms of performance, volatility, holdings, risk rating and other data to help find the right funds for your needs.
EZInvest is a new platform on the HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app that allows you to start investing in some of the unit trust funds at your fingertips. It enables you to have a daily updated view of your portfolio performance, with a quick shortcut to buy more or sell your existing funds.
Access our full range of unit trust funds with the HSBC unit trusts browser
With the HSBC unit trusts browser, you can now screen through a wide range of unit trust funds across asset classes, geographies and fund houses.
- Wide range of funds selection – It offers a selection of more than 80 funds across different asset classes, geographical exposure, risk levels. You can also access Shariah-compliant and ESG funds via this platform.
- Interactive and easy-to-use funds tool – It allows you to access useful fund information and tools to enhance your decision-making process. You will be able to utilise interactive performance charts, fund comparison and filter functions to identify funds that best suit your objective, strategy or risk profile. For the discerning investors, you can also access in-depth fund profiles, risk-return profile and other quantitative analysis provided by a global information provider – Morningstar.
- Dynamic and convenient – You can buy, sell, switch or set up monthly investment plans at the tip of your hands, across MYR and other major foreign currencies. Whether you are just starting out, or you are looking for new opportunities, unit trusts browser offers a full selection of retail and wholesale funds to choose from.
- Competitive sales charge – The unit trusts browser platform sales charge is priced competitively in the market, making growing wealth accessible and affordable to all.
ESG Unit Trust
How to invest
HSBC Everyday Global Account
Save, spend and transact in 11 currencies with 1 account.
Existing HSBC customers
(without an HSBC Unit Trust Investment Account)
Already an HSBC customers?
(with an HSBC Unit Trust Investment Account)
Invest with Unit Trust Browser
Or start Investing on Mobile with EZInvest today!
Download or update your HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app to get started.
Things you should know
Only individuals registered with Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FiMM) as consultants are authorised to promote, market and distribute unit trust schemes. To better safeguard your interest during any discussion and investment related to unit trust schemes, you are advised to access https://www.fimm.com.my/search and key in the full name of the unit trust consultant to verify if they are authorised by FiMM.
Stay informed with the latest wealth insights
A new platform in our HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app that allows you to start investing from as low as RM500.
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad 198401015221 (127776-V).
The usage of Unit Trust Browser (UTB) is governed by the HSBC Bank Terms and Conditions for Online and Mobile Banking, End User License Agreement and Important Notes available in the HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app, HSBC Bank and HSBC Amanah website before any transactions. In order to perform transaction in Unit Trust Browser (UTB), a sole Unit Trust investment account needs to firstly be opened. Please visit HSBC Bank or HSBC Amanah branch or contact us by phone to open a Unit Trust investment account to perform transaction on UTB. The scope of available transactions is lump sum investment, Monthly Investment Plan (MIP), redemption, switching and cooling off. All transactions that you enter into through UTB are conducted on an execution-only basis and based on your own judgement. The services provided through UTB involve no recommendation of, or advice on, any product from us. The mention of any unit trusts should not be construed as representing a recommendation to buy or sell that unit trusts, nor does it represent a forecast on future performance of the unit trusts. If you wish to receive recommendation from us, you should go through our suitability assessment before transacting by visiting the nearest HSBC Bank or HSBC Amanah branch. Unit trust schemes and units in such schemes are not protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia ("PIDM"); and any money withdrawn from an insured deposit for the purpose of purchasing any units in a unit trust scheme is no longer protected by PIDM. This material has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).
*HSBC Bank Online Unit Trusts Acquisition Promotion 2022 Terms & Conditions apply. Promotion period: 1 May 2022 to 31 July 2022.