Important Risk Warning
- Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The value of investments, unit prices and income distribution may go down or up, and the investor may not get back the original sum invested. Past performance of a fund should not be taken as indicative of its future performance. In a worst case scenario, the value of fund may worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested (and in an extreme case could be worth nothing).
- The investment returns, repayment of capital and distribution payouts are not guaranteed. Investors and potential investors must not solely rely on the content in this website to make investment decisions. Investors are advised to read carefully and understand the contents of prospectus and consider the general risk factors associated with investing in unit trusts in addition to other specific risks uniquely associated with the fund. All the relevant risk factors are set out in the relevant prospectus for the fund.
- You are advised to carefully consider your own circumstances, including not only the product risk level of your selected investment, but also your financial situation, investment knowledge and/or experience, investment objective and preferred investment period. Switching of fixed deposits into any Unit Trusts beyond your risk appetite is highly discouraged.
- When you subscribe into any Unit Trusts with us, the investment amount will be deducted directly from your settlement account(s) with us. Investors and potential investors are reminded not to provide cash for investment purposes to any HSBC employees. Pre-signed forms are also strictly prohibited.
- Before you make any investment decision, you may wish to engage or speak to your relationship manager to understand more about any investment product including the applicable charges, investment objective and return expectation. For first time investors, you should also be made aware of your cooling-off rights for eligible funds.
- Unit Trusts are NOT protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia ("PIDM").
What is Unit Trust
Unit trusts pool the resources of investors into one large fund, which is then divided into shares, or 'units'. Unit trusts are managed by professional fund managers and have varying levels of risk and return.
Whether you are making your first investment, or adding an investment to your portfolio, at HSBC you can choose from a range of funds to match your attitude to risk and investment goals
Find the right funds
For existing HSBC customers, you can also access some of the funds on our mobile banking app. Download it today.
Benefits of Unit Trusts
Spreading your risk
Your investment is spread across a diverse portfolio.
Fund managers whose expertise is working for you.
Access to worldwide markets
Your money can be invested in overseas markets.
Invest at your own pace
Begin with a lump sum investment or progressively build your portfolio with monthly contribution.
Why is diversification important
Minimises the risk of loss
To your overall investment portfolio by reducing potential volatility.
Allows you to explore more opportunities for return
By spreading your investments to different asset classes.
Protects you against adverse market cycles
And unexpected market crisis like what we have experienced with COVID-19.
Ways to invest in Unit Trusts
Unit Trusts enable investors to diversify their investments into different markets and investment instruments such as equities, bonds, securities, currencies and warrants/derivatives. If you would like to enjoy the benefit of diversification with unit trusts investment, you can invest a lump sum amount or set up a monthly investment plan.
Now with EZInvest - a new platform within the HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app, HSBC customers can start investing in some of the Unit Trust funds at your fingertips. Besides, it enables you to have a daily updated view of your portfolio performance, with a quick shortcut to buy more or sell your existing funds. Click here to learn more
Frequently asked questions
Stay informed with the latest wealth insights
A new platform in our HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app that allows you to start investing from as low as RM500.
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad 198401015221 (127776-V).
The material has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).
*Amended HSBC Bank Unit Trust Discovery Promotion 2021 (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions apply. This Promotion is valid from 26 April 2021 until 30 July 2021. This Promotion is open to new and existing HSBC Bank Premier customers. Eligible Customer(s) will stand to enjoy zero percent sales charge or Front End Load (“FEL”) when they subscribe to Open-Ended Unit Trust Funds distributed by HSBC Bank branches (exclude online channel) using proceeds from investment products which are redeemed/matured from other Financial Institutions during the Promotion Period and only applicable to lump sum cash investments. Investments using funds from the Employees Provident Fund (“EPF”) or via Monthly Investment Plan (“MIP”) are excluded from this Promotion. The zero percent FEL is given out on a first come first serve basis subject to the availability of the allocated Max Subscription during the Promotion Period. The Promotion is subjected to a maximum cap of RM1 billion in total Unit Trust Fund subscriptions in a calendar month. Eligible Customers are advised to read carefully and understand the contents of the prospectus and consider the general risk factors associated with investing in unit trusts in addition to other specific risks uniquely associated with the unit trusts. Unit trust schemes and units in such schemes are not protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (“PIDM”).