Nurturing their education journey
Whether you're a parent preparing for your child's future, a student looking to study abroad or you've recently graduated, HSBC Premier can supports you and your dreams every steps of the way.
Education planning and support
- Premier in one country, Premier in allExtend your Premier status to your spouse and your child1, so they can enjoy the same Premier privileges wherever they go.
- Open an account even before departure2Get your child off to a great start and ready to hit the ground running with their own HSBC international bank account, all before they leave home
- Manage all of your HSBC accounts in one placeManage and view all of your HSBC accounts with one log on and send instant free transfers3 between your account and your friends and family's HSBC accounts.
- Education consultancyGive your child a competitive advantage when applying for top boarding schools and overseas universities; our partners provide comprehensive and professional education consultation, from school applications to assessments.
How to apply
New to HSBC Premier
- Maintain a Total Relationship Balance (TRB)7 with us of RM200,000 or more at all times
- Have a minimum home loan of RM1,000,000 with your Premier Mortgage8
- Credit a minimum monthly salary of RM16,500 continuously each month into an HSBC account in Malaysia - with Premier by Perks@Work9
An HSBC Premier account fee of RM150 (and applicable tax, if any) will be applied for any month you don't meet the Premier eligibility criteria.
Existing to HSBC Premier
Ready to open an overseas account? Book an appointment and we'll guide you through the process.
For more information call us on 1300 88 9393 (local) or +603 8321 5222 (overseas).
You might also be interested in
HSBC Premier supports your child's education from home to abroad
Set up an overseas HSBC account before they depart for their education abroad.
Receive up to RM4,500 Cashback
Be rewarded with up to RM4,500 Cashback when you successfully refer 6 family and friends to join HSBC Premier. Plus, be one of our Top 3 referrers to enjoy an exclusive dining experience with your loved one.
Valid till 31 December 2023.
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad 198401015221 (127776-V). Member of PIDM. Protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor.
1For as long as Premier Family's Primary HSBC Premier customer in Malaysia meets the Premier criteria via: i. Total Relationship Balances of at least RM200,000 at all times or ii. Premier Mortgage of at least RM1,000,000 or Premier by Perks@Work with salary crediting of RM16,500. Premier Family extension to child will expire on his/her28th birthday. Thereafter, the child would need to meet Premier eligibility on their own to continue to enjoy fee waiver and if the customer fails to meet any of the above eligibility criteria, monthly account fee of the RM150 (and applicable tax, if any) will be charged.
2Subject to host country/region's approval.
3HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers only. Instant foreign currency to foreign currency exchange transfer is available 24 hours 7 days. Transfer involving Ringgit Malaysia is from Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm. If you perform any transfer outside those hours, the actual amount to be debited will be based on the next business day's exchange rate.
4Total Relationship Balance (TRB) includes any: Deposits in Current Account/-i, Savings Account/-i, Time Deposits, Term Deposits-i, and/or Investments in Unit Trust funds/Shariah-compliant Unit Trust funds, Structured Investments/-i, Dual Currency Investments/-i and/or Direct Retail bond, and/or Cash value from Family Takaful/Life Insurance products with investment-linked and savings components.
5Account Fee waiver until full and final settlement of home financing.
6Account fee waiver as long as you fulfil the qualification criteria.
7Total Relationship Balance (TRB) includes any: Deposits in Current Account/-i, Savings Account/-i, Time Deposits, Term Deposits-i, and/or Investments in Unit Trust funds/Shariah-compliant Unit Trust funds, Structured Investments/-i, Dual Currency Investments/-i and/or Direct Retail bond, and/or Cash value from Family Takaful/Life Insurance products with investment-linked and savings components.
8Account Fee waiver until full and final settlement of home financing.
9Account fee waiver as long as you fulfil the qualification criteria.