HSBC Gold Account
Features & benefits
- Ideal way to diversify your investment portfolio providing a more direct exposure to global gold prices
- Opportunity for potential capital gain from gold price appreciation
- Quick conversion to cash when you buy and sell GLD unit through HSBC Bank
How HSBC Gold Account can help you
Potentially secure and grow your wealth for the future with an investment account linked to international gold prices with HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad ("HSBC Bank"), Best Foreign Bank in 2012 awarded by Alpha Southeast Asia Magazine.
Gold provides an ideal way to diversify your investment portfolio providing a more direct exposure to global gold prices to preserve and grow your wealth. Gold is also uncorrelated with most other assets and moves independently of key economic indicators.This makes gold a potentially good portfolio diversification investment choice.
How does the account work?
- You are required to open/maintain a MYR current or savings account
- After which you can buy/sell GLD in the account as you wish
- All monies used to buy and sell GLD, including proceeds received from the increase in GLD unit price, after spot conversion at board rates, will be settled in the above MYR account
HSBC Gold Account is made available through the HBSC Bank branch network only. All application and transaction on your HSBC Gold Account can only be conducted over the counter.
Fees and charges
There are no fees and charges for the HSBC Gold Account.
Are you eligible?
Customers must be 18 years old and above to open the account.
Apply for HSBC Gold Account
Apply in branch
Come see us in branch to open a HSBC Gold Account.
Things you should know
- Statement of the HSBC Gold Account ("the Account") will be included in customer's monthly composite statement account.
- No physical deposit or withdrawal of gold to or from the Account is allowed.
- No ATM/debit card or chequebook will be issued with the Account.
- Customers are required to open/maintain a MYR current or savings account with the Bank to convert:
- MYR to the required GLD amount to be credited to the Account
- From GLD unit to MYR
- The Account may be operated as sole account or joint account
- Minimum initial deposit of 10 GLD is required. All minimum subsequent deposit/withdrawal will be in multiples of 1 GLD or any amount determined by the Bank
Key risks and important notice
*1 GLD unit represents 0.1 unit of XAU. XAU is the international standard currency code for 1 troy ounce of gold. 1.00 (one) XAU represents 1 troy ounce of gold, which is equal to 10.00 units of GLD (calculated to two decimal places after the second shall be rounded off).
Pricing Risk: GLD buying/selling price quoted shall be determined by the Bank at its sole and absolute discretion taking into account all factors it deems relevant including the prevailing world and local market price conditions for XAU, gold, the exchange rate between United States Dollar and Ringgit Malaysia.
Market Risk: Your investment will be exposed to market forces and volatility. Due to unforeseen market movements, you may sustain substantial losses on the investment if market conditions move against your favour.
Returns Risk: As a result of the above market risk, prices of the gold may fluctuate daily and customer will make capital gains if the international gold price appreciates above the customers initial placement or principal. However, there is no certainty that prices will go up and it may even fall.
Principal Risk: Due to the result of both the market risk and returns risk explained above, you may not receive the same amount as per the initial placement (principal amount), when you decide to withdraw the GLD from the account and subsequently converted to MYR.
THIS IS A NON-PRINCIPAL PROTECTED PRODUCT AND IS A NON-INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNT. THE RETURNS ON THIS GOLD ACCOUNT IS SUBJECT TO THE GOLD PRICE/XAU FLUCTUATION. THE RETURNS ON THE GOLD ACCOUNT ARE UNCERTAIN AND CUSTOMER RISKS EARNING NO RETURNS OR EVEN A POSSIBILITY OF INCURRING LOSSES FROM THE ORIGINAL PLACEMENT AMOUNT. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INSURED BY PERBADANAN INSURANS DEPOSIT MALAYSIA (PIDM).