Your Premier banking experience
Find out how you can be an HSBC Premier customer today.
Discover HSBC Premier's life full of premier services and support
- Premier around the worldYour Premier status is recognised worldwide, so you'll get seamless support no matter how far from home you are.
- Build a Premier legacyShare your Premier experience by extending your Premier privileges to your family5. We'll support you at every step of your journey to build a lasting legacy for your loved ones.
- Premier wealth supportYour dedicated Premier Relationship Manager and our team of Wealth Specialists are here to help you and your family manage and grow your wealth portfolios.
- Exclusive Premier privilegesHSBC Premier enriches your life with a range of exclusive privileges and benefits, whether it's for work or play.
New to HSBC
Start opening your account right away and get an instant decision.
Existing HSBC customer
Book an appointment and we'll guide you through the process of becoming an HSBC Premier customer.
Premier around the world
- Worldwide HSBC Premier status recognition
- Pre-arrival cross-border account opening support1
- With an HSBC Everyday Global Account2 get access to 11 currencies in one account with zero fee international transfers3 between your HSBC accounts
- Free withdrawals from HSBC ATMs in 23 countries4
- Global assistance 24/7
Premier for your family
- Premier status extension5 for your spouse and up to 2 children
- Dedicated Premier Relationship Manager and Wealth Specialist for your family
- Preferential rates for all deposits, loans and wealth products, for your family
- Protection coverage across 3 generations with FamilyCare
- Overseas education support and complimentary consultation for university admission (PrepWorks)6
- Education loans with preferential rates to support your child's education
- Cashback for savings into your child's Premier Junior Savers account7
Premier Wealth Support
- Remote wealth management
- A wealth starter kit for first-time investors and wealth expertise for all investors
- Real-time foreign exchange rates with preferential pricing
- Consolidated wealth insights on a single online platform
Exclusive Premier privileges
How to become an HSBC Premier customer
An HSBC Premier account fee of RM150 (and applicable tax, if any) will be applied for any month you don't meet the Premier eligibility criteria.
Things you should know
HSBC Premier Eligibility
Important to note: The Customer must also inform the bank every time when they switched their qualification on eligibility criteria (for eg, previously eligible via Total Relationship Balance criteria and changed to Premier in One, Premier In All (P1PA), Premier Mortgage or other eligibility criteria) failing which their eligibility may not be captured and the monthly account fee maybe charged.
How to apply
You might also be interested in
Secure higher returns with 6-month Time Deposit interest rates of up to 4.38% p.a.
Exclusively for NEW HSBC Premier Everyday Global Account customers.
Valid till 28 February 2023
Set up an overseas HSBC account1 before they depart for their education abroad.
Frequently asked questions
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad 198401015221 (127776-V). Member of PIDM. The material has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC).
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad 198401015221 (127776-V) referred as "HSBC Bank".
2Protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor. HSBC Premier customers enjoy zero overseas cash withdrawal fees across all ATM machines worldwide. For more information, please visit HSBC Everyday Global Account at hsbc.com.my/ega.
3HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers only. Instant foreign currency to foreign currency exchange transfer is available 24 hours 7 days. Transfer involving Ringgit Malaysia is from Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm. If you perform any transfer outside those hours, the actual amount to be debited will be based on the next business day's exchange rate.
4Applicable to successful retail purchases, online shopping and cash withdrawals performed with Visa Debit Card under the supported currencies only. For supported currencies: If you do not have sufficient foreign currency to complete a transaction, we will convert at prevailing rate as determined by the bank and bill you in Ringgit Malaysia. For unsupported currencies: The entire transaction amount shall be converted at a prevailing rate as determined by Visa International and billed to you in Ringgit Malaysia, except for cash withdrawals performed via HSBC Group ATMs (GATS) which the withdrawn amount will be automatically converted to Ringgit Malaysia at the prevailing rate as determined by the bank.
- Total Relationship Balances of at least RM200,000 at all times or
- Premier Mortgage of at least RM1,000,000 or
- Premier by Perks@Work with salary crediting of RM16,500.
Premier Family extension to child will expire on his/her 28th birthday. Thereafter, the child would need to meet Premier eligibility on their own to continue to enjoy fee waiver and if the customer fails to meet any of the above eligibility criteria, monthly account fee of the RM150 (and applicable tax, if any) will be charged.
6PrepWorks Terms and Conditions apply. Exclusively for HSBC Premier Travel Credit Card, HSBC Premier World Mastercard Credit Card and HSBC Premier Visa Debit Card customers in Malaysia only and subject to appointments only and on first come, first served basis. Valid until 31 January 2023.
7Protected by PIDM up to RM250,000 for each depositor. Terms and Conditions apply for HSBC Premier Junior Cash Back Redemption Campaign. Terms and Conditions apply for Premier Travel Credit Card and Premier World Credit Card.
8Terms & Conditions for HSBC Premier World Mastercard Credit Card Programme apply. Effective 3 January 2022.
9Terms & Conditions for HSBC SmartPrivileges.
10Terms and Conditions for HSBC Rewards & HSBC Premier World Rewards Programme 2022 Edition.
11Total Relationship Balance (TRB) includes any: Deposits in Current Account/-i, Savings Account/-i, Time Deposits, Term Deposits-i, and/or Investments in Unit Trust funds/Shariah-compliant Unit Trust funds, Structured Investments/-i, Dual Currency Investments/-i and/or Direct Retail bond, and/or Cash value from Family Takaful/Life Insurance products with investment-linked and savings components.
15HSBC Premier Referral Program 2022 - ("Program") Amended Terms and Conditions apply. Programme Period A) Phase 1 - Referral Period from 11 April 2022 to 30 June 2022. Successful Referral Period from 11 April to 31 July 2022. B) Phase 2 - Referral Period from 1 July 2022 to 30 September 2022. Successful Referral Period from 1 July 2022 to 31 October 2022. C) Phase 3 - Referral Period from 1 October 2022 to 31 December 2022. Successful Referral Period 1 October 2022 to 31 January 2023. D) Phase 4 - Referral Period from 1 January 2023 to 31 March 2023. Successful Referral Period 1 January 2023 to 30 April 2023. Based on maximum 6 successful referrals for the Program. The first 3 successful referrals will stand to receive RM400 cashback each. Every consecutive referral will stand to receive RM700 cashback each. Successful referrals refer to a Potential Customer referred by the Eligible Customer during the respecting Successful Referral Period; successfully opens an HSBC Bank / HSBC Amanah Premier Account/-i (must not open a joint Premier Account/-i with an existing HSBC Bank/HSBC Amanah customer or the Eligible Customer) under this program by fulfilling the HSBC Bank / HSBC Amanah Premier Account/-i eligibility criteria of maintaining a minimum total relationship balance of RM200,000 or crediting a minimum monthly salary of RM16,500 continuously each month. The total cash reward to be given out under this Program is RM516,000 on first-come-first-served basis, and is pooled together with "Amended HSBC Amanah Premier Referral Program 2022".
16Amended Terms and Conditions for HSBC New Premier Time/Term Deposit/-i Promotion ("Promotion"). The Promotion is open to new to bank and existing to bank customers who join or being upgraded as HSBC Premier Customer ("Eligible Customers"). All time deposit placements must be made with New Funds by the Eligible Customers under this Promotion and completed within the Promotion Period. The maximum time deposit placement under this Promotion is Ringgit Malaysia One Million (MYR1,000,000) for each Eligible Customer. No interest shall be payable in the event the time deposit placement is withdrawn prior to the maturity of the placement, whether wholly or partially, regardless of the number of completed months at the time of premature withdrawal.