Frequently Asked Questions about email statements
Effective 1 January 2019, HSBC will introduce a paper fee statement of RM1.00 per month for each hardcopy credit card paper statement.
The Paper Statement fee will be applicable to the following credit cards:
- HSBC VISA Signature Credit card
- HSBC VISA Platinum Credit card
- HSBC Platinum Mastercard Credit card
- HSBC Advance VISA Platinum Credit card
- HSBC Amanah MPower Platinum Credit card-i
How can I avoid the Credit Card/-i Paper Statement Fee?
You can switch to receive e-statement or email statement at any time.
What is the difference between e-statement and email statement?
E-Statement are electronic statements via Personal Internet Banking. Email statement are statements received via email.
Who will be exempted from the Credit Card/-i Paper Statement Fee?
The following groups are exempted from Credit Card/-i Paper Statement Fee:
- Customers aged 60 and above
- Customers with disabilities (subject to customer’s declaration)
- Customers without internet access (subject to customer's declaration)
- Customers who are computer illiterate (subject to customer's declaration)
- HSBC Premier and HSBC Amanah Premier customers
- HSBC Amanah MPowercredit card-i cardholders
How do I enroll for HSBC Credit Card/-i estatement?
- Via Call Centre
Please call our Contact Centre at 1-300-88-1388 (for Conventional) or 1-300-80-2626 (for Amanah) to update your preference.
- Via Personal Internet Banking
Simply log on to HSBC Personal Internet Banking and follow the 4 steps outlined below.
- Select ‘Statement and Advices’
- Choose ‘Credit Card e-statement settings’
Select ‘I would like to receive electronic Credit Card/Credit Card-i statements (e-Statement) only’
Update your email address
Click “Confirm” to complete the enrolment
Click here to maintain hardcopy credit card/-i statement (to submit request before 15 November 2018.)