- Update the Bank when you change your contact details. This will enable us to contact you in a timely manner if we detect unusual transactions.
- Check all your SMS transaction alerts in a timely manner and login to Internet Banking regularly to check your account balances and statements of account on a regular basis, at least once a week and view your account balances and statements to detect any unauthorised transaction, error or discrepancy and if there are any, report it to the Bank immediately.
- Always log out when you have completed your banking transaction.
- Ensure that you do not disclose your internet banking user ID, password and passcode to any person, via unsolicited emails or on any website other than the official website of the Bank.
- Take reasonable steps to keep your security device secure at all times.
- Report a breach, or a suspected breach of the passcode generated by the security device or the loss of a security device to us as soon as reasonably practicable, once you are aware of the breach, suspected breach or loss.
Whilst the Bank will take the necessary preventive measures to minimise the threat of fraud, please continuously monitor your account and take precautions to ensure that all transactions are authorised.
Examples of transactions:
- Bill payment via Current Account/ Savings Account (Debit Card) or Credit Card
- Recurring direct debits via MEPs direct debit or Autopay-in arrangements
- Purchases made online from your Debit Card or Credit Card
Complaint management process
At HSBC Bank, we are committed to giving you our best every time. Your feedback and suggestions about our products and services make it possible for us to serve you better. Please visit our contact us page to get in touch with us.