Grow your money with our Savings Account
It’s easy to open an account online.
Key Benefits and Privileges
- Enjoy special discounts or offers at more than 2,000 food and shopping outlets nationwide.
- Banking at your convenienceEasy access to complimentary monthly e-statement, fund transfer and bill payment via HSBC Online and Mobile Banking.
- Easy to openOnline account opening in 3 simple steps. It’s a paperless application - simple and convenient.
Basic Savings Account Interest Rates
|Balance Range (RM)
||Interest Rate (% p.a.) - Normal Rate
||Interest Rate (% p.a.) - Effective Rate
|Balance Range (RM)
|Interest Rate (% p.a.) - Normal Rate
|Interest Rate (% p.a.) - Effective Rate
- Effective Rate to be determined by the Bank from time to time and credited to the account every June and December
- If the account is closed, the interest accruing to the account will be calculated up to the last completed day before its closure
- You may find out more in our interest rate comparison
Are you eligible?
RM100 Cash Reward can be yours!
Enjoy a RM100 cash reward when you transact with your new HSBC Basic Savings Account between 1st March 2023 till 30th June 2023.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Apply for an account online here and complete your account opening application.
- Download the HSBC Malaysia App, register and log in to your online banking account.
- Perform 5 Eligible Transactions1 (Debit Card Spend, Bill Payment, DuitNow pay-to-account, or JomPay) of minimum RM20 within 30 days of account opening.
- Get your RM100 cash reward1 deposited to your new account.
1Applicable for New to HSBC customers only. HSBC Digital Account Opening Rewards Campaign Terms and Conditions apply.
Apply for HSBC Basic Savings Account
New to HSBC
Enjoy faster application with instant decision by tapping “Instant Apply”.
For better browsing experience, please access via latest version of Chrome and Safari.
Click here if you need tips to complete your application form.
Existing HSBC customer
Leave us your contact details and we will be in touch with you.
Things you should know
- Initial deposit: RM20
- A minimum of RM20 is required to be maintained in the account at all times
- No service charge or maintenance fee
- Member of Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia
Protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia up to RM250,000 for each depositor*.
*Click here for more details on PIDM protection.
Frequently asked questions
Apply online today to get up to RM500 eVoucher of your choice
You might also be interested in
Exclusive services and support
Enjoy preferential rates on personal and home loan with HSBC Advance.