Table of contents
- Logging on to online banking
- Online banking registration
- Resetting your online banking password
- Activating your Security Device
- Account summary
- Payments and transfers
- Online banking limits
- Time Deposit / Term Deposit-i
- Manage future requests / recurring payments
- Manage your payees
- Secure messages
- Linking your global accounts
- Communication preferences
- Enhancements for HSBC Amanah online banking
- Online banking service features for HSBC/HSBC Amanah
- Cut-off times
Online banking registration
How do I register for online banking?
You need to have a bank account with us to register for online banking. If you're a current bank customer, you can register with your phone banking number, debit card number or credit card number.
You can set up online banking using the HSBC Malaysia Mobile Banking app. Scan this QR code to download the app, or search 'HSBC Malaysia' in your phone's app store.
Alternatively, you can click 'Register' at the top of any page on our website. Or tap it in the menu if you're on mobile.
How to set up a one time 6-digit PIN and Mobile Secure Key
Other online banking registration FAQs
Resetting your online banking password
How do I reset my password?
You may change your password by clicking on 'Forgotten password'.
You must first log out, then click 'Log on' > 'Type in your username' > Click 'Forgotten password' and then enter a new password and security details.
You will then be provided with a reference number, which you will need to call the HSBC Contact Centre to complete the rest of the process.
Other resetting your online banking password FAQs
Activating your Security Device
How do I activate my Security Device?
Follow these 6 steps for device activation:
- After you log on to online banking, and enter your user ID and password, you'll be asked to enter an activation code generated from an SMS OTP.
- Separately, enter the 10-digit serial number located on the back of your Security Device on the online banking page.
- Press and hold the green button to turn on your Security Device and then create a 4- to 8-digit PIN for it.
- Press the yellow button and re-enter your new PIN to confirm it.
- When you see "HSBC" displayed on the Security Device screen, press the green button to generate a security code.
- Enter this Security Code on the online banking page and click "Continue" to complete the activation process.
I am seeing the "Activate your Security Device" screen every time I log on. Do I have to activate my Security Device?
Yes, you are required to activate your Security Device to access more banking features with HSBC Malaysia online banking. You need to activate your Security Device within 30 days from the order placement date, otherwise you will not have full access to all your HSBC Malaysia online banking features until your Security Device has been activated.
Other activating your Security Device FAQs
What are the changes on the new HSBC Malaysia online banking homepages?
Upon logging on to the new HSBC/HSBC Amanah debit card profile online banking page, you will be directed to the homepage. On this page you can:
- see a new and refreshed homepage design
- see your last log on date and time on the homepage
- view all your local and international accounts in one view
- check account details - account balance, available balance and last 3 transactions
- check your account transaction history - date, amount and description of transactions
Other account summary FAQs
Payments and transfers
What is Move Money?
Move Money is a single place for managing all your transfers from your HSBC/HSBC Amanah accounts worldwide.
With Move Money, you can perform the following transactions:
- Transfer money between your own accounts and credit cards, other HSBC/HSBC Amanah accounts and third-party accounts domestically and internationally in local currencies and other supported foreign currencies
Save a payee easily for future transfers
Send money to an existing payee or add a new payee
Set up an immediate transfer, dated or recurring transfer
I can't find the "in-house transfer" and "worldwide transfer" options on the HSBC Malaysia online banking pages. What should I do?
You can execute in-house transfers and worldwide transfers through the "Pay and transfer" option under "Move money" on the HSBC Malaysia online banking pages.The “in-house transfer” option has been renamed “HSBC account” and “worldwide transfer” has been renamed “Overseas account”.
Making a fund transfer using the "HSBC account" option refers to transfers between your HSBC/HSBC Amanah accounts and/or transfers to other HSBC/HSBC Amanah accounts in Malaysia.
Making a fund transfer using the "Overseas account" option refers to transfers to your own account outside of Malaysia or transfers to an overseas beneficiary.
Other payments and transfers FAQs
Online banking limits
How do I change my daily online banking limit?
You may increase or decrease your daily limit by logging on to online banking and selecting the ‘Change internet banking limit’ option under 'Quick Links'.
Other online banking limits FAQs
Time Deposit / Term Deposit-i
I received an error message saying my Common Reporting Standard (CRS) details are incomplete. What should I do?
Follow these steps:
- Go to 'Quick links' and click on 'Secure message'
- Click on 'Send us a message' and select the 'CRS self-declaration' option
- Complete the 'CRS self-declaration' template and click 'Send'
- If you have submitted the CRS declaration and have not received a further reply via secure message after 5 working days, you can place a Time Deposit/Term Deposit-i.
- If the problem persists, please visit a branch or call the HSBC Contact Centre.
Other Time Deposit / Term Deposit-i FAQs
Manage future requests / recurring payments
Can I amend recurring / future dated payments?
Current online banking features allow only the “view” and “delete” functions. To amend a payment, please delete the existing payment and set up a new payment.
Manage your payees
What is the difference between the previous “view/delete payees” and the new “view/delete beneficiaries” functions?
The look and feel of the functions have been enhanced to provide a better user experience.
Other manage your payees FAQs
What can I do with the secure messages feature?
You will be able to access your inbox and view your available messages. You will also have the option to "Send" new messages and "Reply" to existing messages.
Other secure messages FAQs
Linking your global accounts
What is the purpose of linking my accounts via the Global View feature?
If you have another HSBC account outside Malaysia, this feature allows you to view your global accounts all in one convenient online location, rather than having to log on to the offshore account separately.
Other linking your global accounts FAQs
What is JomPAY?
JomPAY is a national initiative, supported by banks, to enable online bill payments across Malaysia. PayNet, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank Negara Malaysia, operates JomPAY.
Other JomPay FAQs
What is the purpose of the FPX feature?
It allows you to make payments using your HSBC/HSBC Amanah accounts for purchases made on third-party merchant sites.
Other FPX FAQs
When do changes take place after changing my communication preferences?
Changes will be effective immediately.
Other communication preferences FAQs
Enhancements for HSBC Amanah online banking
I am an HSBC Amanah customer. What changes will I see on online banking?
HSBC Amanah online banking will no longer be available, but you can log on through HSBC Malaysia online banking as we have consolidated your accounts and banking services there. We’re enhancing your online banking navigation experience to give you quicker access to the latest features and online banking services you need. After you log on to HSBC Malaysia online banking, click on the “Our products” dropdown in the top menu, where you can find the list of HSBC Amanah products available for you.