Extended banking services from the comfort of your home
We encourage you to use HSBC Malaysia online banking or mobile banking for your banking needs during this Movement Control Order (MCO) period.
If you are unable to use HSBC Malaysia online banking or mobile banking, you may alternatively choose to raise a request via e-Form or email for selected transactions.
Type of transactions available
How To Apply
Delay in Delivery of HSBC/HSBC Amanah Physical Statements
Due to impacted services following current Covid-19 outbreak, with effect from 18 Mar 2020, there will be delay in the delivery of credit card/-i and banking physical statements.
For credit card/-i customer, to facilitate payment process, please take note that a summary of payment details would be communicated via SMS.
For banking customer, please refer to your Relationship Manager.
You may also view your recent transactions and available balances via online banking/mobile banking.
We hope that the situation will improve soon so we can resume providing our customer seamless services.
Temporary extension of expired HSBC/HSBC Amanah Debit Card/-i usage
Due to Covid-19 situation, we have temporarily extended the usage period of HSBC/HSBC Amanah Debit Card/-i ("Debit Card/-i") that have already expired so that affected customers can continue using it during this period of time.
Here are the transactions that are temporarily allowed using your expired Debit Card/-i:
- Online transactions. You can perform online transactions using the existing CVV2 (the last 3 digits at the back of your Debit Card/-i) and the extended card expiry date, which is indicated in our message to you via SMS/EDM.
- In-store purchases. You can use your Debit Card/-i for purchases in grocery stores, pharmacies and other merchants accepting Debit Cards as mode of payment with your existing 6-digit Debit Card/-i PIN, including contactless (payWave) for transactions below RM250.
- Register Debit Card/-i for your mobile applications. You can use your Debit Card/-i to enroll mobile apps such as Grab, Food Panda, Touch ‘n Go, etc. Just update the card expiry date with the extended card expiry date when prompted, which is indicated in our message to you via SMS/EDM.
- Recurring payments. If there are any recurring payments charged to your Debit Card/-i such as, but not limited to, utilities, Astro, insurance, gym or club membership, etc., you will need to update the merchants of the extended card expiry date, which is indicated in our message to you via SMS/EDM.
- Automated Teller Machine ("ATM") cash withdrawals. You can withdraw cash at any HSBC/HSBC Amanah ATMs and non HSBC/HSBC Amanah ATMs that display the MEPS and Visa logos with your existing 6-digit Debit Card/-i PIN. Your transaction may be rejected by some non HSBC/HSBC Amanah ATMs and please try at other ATMs when it happens.
Please note that there may be a possibility that certain merchant terminals reject your expired Debit Card/-i upfront.
In order to safeguard our customers affected by this initiative, we will be sending transaction alerts via SMS to notify you on all purchase and overseas cash withdrawal performed on expired cards.
If you wish to opt out of this exercise, you may do so by contacting us to block your card before disposing your card safely after cutting it, taking care to destroy both the card chip and the magnetic stripe.
You may visit any of our branches to request for a renewal of your expired Debit Card/-i after the extended card expiry date, which is indicated in our message to you via SMS/EDM
Further support and information
Benefits of online banking
Learn more about the benefit of online banking, including 6 things you don’t need to go to your branch for.
We're here to help
Find out how to stay safe online and guard against the latest coronavirus scams.
See what you can do through online and mobile banking without leaving home.